Working Remotely - Monday, Tuesday & Friday
Working in Office - Wednesday, & Thursday
2020 Torgersen Hall
University Mail Code 0158
- Ph.D. The University of Kansas
- M.A. Rider University
- M.A. East China Normal University
- B.A. Sichuan International Studies University
Dr. Jingrong Pearl Xie supports and promotes inclusive, universally designed, and accessible learning experiences. With strong research and writing skills, she is a strategic, dedicated, knowledgeable, and effective team player. In her position at Truman State University between 2018 and 2020, she developed a professional learning community using the Universal Design for Learning framework and digital accessibility practices. She provided substantial support to the University of Missouri System from 2020 to 2022 in adopting a systematic and comprehensive continuous quality assurance process. This included faculty training, course development, and course improvement processes in line with accreditation standards. Her responsibilities also included providing design support and consultation for scaling programs, serving on national and local conference planning committees, and leading the core research projects in the office.
Awards, Honors and Certifications:
- Dissertation Research Award from Emily Taylor Center for Women & Gender Equity at the University of Kansas in 2018
- Outstanding paper awards in E-learning, AACE, in 2015
- Excellent Young Professor in private universities in Shanghai in 2012
- Graduate Student Scholarship at the University of Kansas annually from 2013 to 2018
- The second prize in the National Senior High School's Mathematics Olympics Competition in China in 1997.
Dr. Xie designs and delivers applied research and products to develop cognitive, social and emotional skills for young adults in accessible modern learning environments. Her research interests include using UDL principles and mobile technology to support students with disabilities in postsecondary STEM, faculty development, and online learning.