Spring 2017 Proposals are now closed.
Proposals are now closed.
Focus: Enrollment Growth and Destination Area Courses
Design and Develop Awards are managed by Learning Experience Design (LED) in Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) and funded by the Provost through the office of Enrollment and Degree Management. The awards support the development of courses and programs offered in various modes including asynchronous and synchronous online, hybrids of on-site and online, flipped classrooms, technology-enhanced on-site classrooms and flexible, multi-modal approaches. The goal of the Design and Develop Awards is to ensure high quality, technology-enhanced, active and successful teaching and learning experiences in governance-approved courses either for initial delivery or existing courses for new delivery approaches.
The annual RFP schedule calls for two calls for proposals per academic year for course development to be completed in one of the following two semesters (Summer I/II is counted as one semester).
Complete proposal packets must be received by March 10th with notification of awards by March 25th 2017.
- Awards are in the amount of $8000 for all existing courses to be redesigned/revised and up to $10,000 for all new governance-approved courses to be designed and developed.
- New focus area includes courses aligned with the new Destination Areas
- While a course load reduction for faculty developing courses remains the most desirable option, alternative means through which faculty time can be dedicated to the course design/redesign and development can be considered.
- Faculty from a common program, discipline or college can request to work in a Faculty Working Group instead of the interdisciplinary cohort if desired.
- Faculty who have received certification from past course design and development projects can participate in alternative paths to professional development structuring the course development project while participating in the peer review process for course quality assurance
For more information or with any questions or concerns, please email LEDContact@vt.edu with the subject line: Design and Develop Award.
- Initial review by TLOS staff to identify complete submissions.
- Review by committee consisting of representatives from Provost Office/Enrollment and Degree Management, Dean of Graduate Studies, Network Infrastructure and Services, and Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS).
Links to all information and the online proposal form are provided below.
- For complete information on Design and Develop Awards, please download the Design and Develop Awards
- Please also download the Narrative and Project Expense Worksheet and the Letter of Agreement.
- Complete the online proposal form (It is recommended that you first download and review document listing information requested on the form)
- completed Project Narrative and Expense Worksheet,
- signed Letter of Agreement,
- current course syllabus and a
- copy of the governance approved syllabus (available from Registrar. Please contact Gary Kinder at email@example.com)After completing the online form, compile the following: and send to LEDContact@vt.edu with subject line: Design and Develop Award Spring 2017
The online proposal form now allows for file attachment. A COMPLETE PROPOSAL PACKET includes the completed form and the four attachments as listed above. The online form also allows for you to start the process and return to finish at a later date.For more information or with any questions or concerns, please email: LEDContact@vt.ed
Document for Proposal:
Last updated: 1/25/2017