WebEx at Virginia Tech
WebEx is a suite of web-conferencing tools from Cisco used to host video conferences. WebExÂ can be used for online teaching and meetings, and WebEx is compatible with traditional IP videoconferencing. Virginia Tech’sÂ Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) provides VT WebEx to VT faculty and staff at no cost, enabling them to host meetings and classes. Students and external collaborators can attend VT WebEx meetings and classes,Â but cannot create or host VT WebEx events. Meetings must be hosted from a computer, but attendees can join via mobile devices.
Examples of how WebEx can be used include:
- teaching academic courses
- holding office hours
- providing academic support services such as tutoring and advising
- conducting departmental or college business
- conducting outreach
- holding information sessions/orientation
- holding meetings with research sponsors and external collaborators
- conductingÂ interviews
Hundreds of Virginia Tech faculty and staff already use WebEx.
- Signing Up
- Computer Requirements
- Internet Connection
- Browser Requirements
- Meeting Security
- Headphones and Microphones
- Test Your Computer
- Meeting Center
- Training Center
- If WebEx Disconnects during a Class or Meeting
- Get Help Setting Up our WebEx Account, Troubleshooting Meeting Setup, and Troubleshooting Recording
For more information and WebEx procedures and instructions, click here to visit the service now knowledge database for WebEx.