The InnovationSpace is a collaborative space for faculty, students, and staff to engage in innovative thinking about teaching and learning with technology. The InnovationSpace includes the following:
- a sandbox learning space that allows faculty to test new technologies and become immersed in a flexible learning space,
- a multimedia lab that provides a variety of equipment loans, access to software, and an expert staff to support technology exploration, and
- partnerships with faculty to explore pedagogy and emerging technologies to promote 21st century digital learning.
Digital Media Services (DMS) supports the University in three major areas:
- Media Production: Traditional audio/video and emerging multimedia services in support of distance and distribute learning, research, and outreach.
- Interactive Video Conference Room Operations: Support of Virginia Tech instruction via interactive distance learning technologies by originating, receiving, and recording instruction.
- Video Network Operations: Support of Virginia Tech instruction via live and asynchronous distance learning technologies. Reliable storage and retrieval of the large amounts of data required for video on demand service.