Aims of 4-VA Course RedesignÂ Grants
To support 4-VAâs goals of defining instructional models, expanding access, and improving STEM success, 4-VA at Virginia Tech has identified the funding of course redesign grants as a grant area for 4-VA activities at the institution. Courses selected for redesign should have a clear relation to the mission of 4-VA and relate to one or more of the four major goals of the Collaborative. Â Due to the Collaborativeâs explicit emphasis on foreign language and STEM courses, preference will be given to redesign proposals for courses in those, or closely related, fields.
The 4-VA category includes an option to develop course elements, such as interactive technologies, rich media content, etc.
Who may apply for a 4-VA grant: 4-VA course redesign grants are open to all Virginia Tech faculty. Faculty may name staff as Co-PIs and are encouraged to include undergraduate and graduate students on their teams.
Funding information: 4-VA at Virginia Tech expects to offer no fewer than ten course redesign grants and no more than twenty-five in a given academic year. The expected minimum allocation is $10,000, while the expected maximum allocation is $25,000.
Funding can be used for
- summer salary
- course buy out
- teaching assistants
- technology purchases
- Grantees awarded funds for a full course design will participate in quality assurance cohorts.
- Grantees awarded a course element (see above), will satisfy quality assurance requirements equivalent with the quality assurance cohorts for full course redesigns
- Grantees willÂ participate in assessment activities contributing toÂ an annual report
- Faculty willÂ solicit and provide proof of department head and associate dean approval as part of the application.
- Active dissemination will be a major project outcome. At minimum, funded projects will have a defined, continuous dissemination plan for the 4-VA community.
- This should include ongoing project updates via a broadly accessible online media platform (e.g., blogging, a YouTube channel)
- Have a defined dissemination plan for sharing project outcomes outside the 4-VA community
- Upon completion of an awarded 4-VA grant, awarded but unused 4-VA grant funds may be requested for use in other teaching or research activities based on two conditions:
- The request must be made within one year of the completion of the grant, and
- The original grant must have been completed in good standing
Deadlines and application instructions
- To be announced
For more information contact
Hidden links in code below… don’t know what to do with it