It’s time to upgrade from Scholar to Canvas!
While most faculty who use a learning management system have adopted Canvas for teaching, a few still need to make the move. Are you an active Scholar user who isn’t using Canvas yet? If so, read Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs Rachel Holloway’s open letter to faculty on migrating to Canvas, then review your options for getting started:
Option 1: One-on-One Sessions with Expert Canvas Consultants
- Intro to Canvas Consultation: Click here to sign up via Google Form to meet with an expert student consultant and get started in Canvas.
- Course Redesign Consultation: Click here to sign up via NLI to meet with an instructional designer with LED and design your Canvas courses.
Option 2: Participate in a Canvas Workshop through NLI
- Click here to find a list of NLI workshop offerings. Enroll by clicking on the name of the workshop and then the red “Enroll” button.
Option 3: Canvas Training On-Site for your Department
- TLOS staff will come to you to answer department-specific questions and help you migrate to Canvas. Have a departmental administrator contact us at email@example.com to schedule your visit.
Option 4: Self-Start with the Faculty: Getting Started Guide.
- The guide has instructions for how to learn Canvas, set up sites, and migrate content from Scholar.
- See the Canvas Frequently Asked Questions page.
- For 24/7 help using Canvas, call the Canvas Helpdesk at (844) 701-1942 or chat with them online. For more help options, click on the Help link in the bottom left corner of Canvas.
- For questions about Canvas that are specific to Virginia Tech, like enrollments and content migration, call 4Help at (540) 231-HELP (4357), search the 4Help Knowledge Base, or submit an incident.